Patrick's Tip Of The Month
I thought it was time to share with you, what I consider to be one of the most important ingredients that lead's you to success in this industry of Network Marketing. Many want to be Networkers have ideas about what it takes to be successful in this industry, beginning with being one of the first distributors in a start up company, to believing that the product is going to do it for them, some believe that it is all about the compensation plan. The other amazing fact is that when you ask some what they believe is the key ingredient to achieving your personal and financial goals, unfortunately, they do not have an answer, but in the mean time will not give you the time of day to hear what you might be in a position to offer them. In order to experience success, you will have to do things a certain way.
Here is what I believe to be a key factor to achieving greatness and that is MENTORSHIP. What is mentorship and how do you find it? Sometimes you might be fortunate and it will fall on your lap, but will you recognize it? Or you will just have to go out and find it. After running a successful business for the past 20 years, I knew what kind of effort was required to make it work and at the time I started my business, I did not have a mentor and I can assure you that really put me to the test. Imagine how the new distributor or even one who has been in the industry for 3-5 years and has not experienced any or little success, what do we attribute that too? We can definitely begin to come up with all the excuses as to why it's not working. I believe the first place that you must look is within. Are you really serious about this industry? Are you prepared to do what it takes to get what you want? Are you prepared to surround yourself with the right people?
After being in this industry for approximately 12 years with a couple of breaks in between, I decided that it was time to take another look at the industry. I met with some very successful Networkers, who revealed to me a system that was designed for success and I understood what they were sharing with me. This was not a get rich quick scheme, but one that would evolve over time and of course it was your decision as to how quickly you would want to see results. What do you need to asses as you move forward in the decision making process? TRENDS, GROWTH, GLOBAL PRESCENCE, IMPACTING PRODUCTS to name a few key elements in your search. The significant ingredient for me personally has been the mentorship and without it I do not believe I would be where I am today. Let me share with some of the qualities you will find in a mentor:
1. A mentor is someone who..... knows what you need in the mentoring process and is not afraid to let you know 2. A mentor is someone who..... tells you what they are going to do and follow through with their commitment
3. A mentor is someone who..... will teach & train you how to think like an entrepreneur, if you are not one
4. A mentor is someone who......has the right mindset and is willing to help you develop the same
5. A mentor is someone who......is on a journey and is willing to take you with him
6. A mentor is someone who......does not make excuses, but finds the answers
7. A mentor is someone who.....will change the way you see your life
8. A mentor is someone who.....will teach you how to qualify your prospects
9. A mentor is someone who.....will teach you about the many different personalities you will come in to contact with
10. A mentor is someone who.....knows and understands how to market yourself and your opportunity.
I have provided you with only a few of the key ingredients to what a MENTOR is, there are many more available and I can assure you that the value is much greater than any compensation plan, start-up company, product or even the cost of getting started into a company. A mentor will provide you with skills and knowledge that will last a lifetime and that does not cost you anything, but the one commodity we all have a little of and we call it.
What Is The Secret To Succes?
"Finding the right sponsor is the key to your success in Network Marketing. A sponsor is someone who will guide you and provide the necessary support to help you grow your business. Companies come and go, but friends and business partners will stay with you always."
-Robert T. Kiyosaki
Patrick S. Tulloch